Brazil, the new big beauty country!
- 3rd biggest Cosmetic & Toiletries in de world ( 1st USA, 2nd Japan)
- The beauty market grew up 36% in 4 years, US$ 47bn in 2013
- Brazil represented the 56% of Latin America Beauty retail products
- Brazil world leader in deodorants and perfumes. Other important categories are color cosmetics, skincare and men grooming products.
- Exotic top level ingredients in Brazilian cosmetic manufacturing industry
- Biodiversity and ethical sourcing
BERACA SA (organic and natural compounds),
CHEYUNION QUIMICA´S (dermocosmetic actives) and
REACH INSTITUTES (testing and assessment methods)
Fragance and scents take more importance in the formulation process. This solves the current problems with change of color, stability and durability of perfum.
VIORYL, LLUCH ESSENCE, FREY & LAU, ARÒMES & PARFUMS, ELIXENS, GIVAUDAN and SUNVIT
Nanotechnology > nanomaterials safety, regulatory purposes, testing and assessment
Animal testing ban >implementing alternatives for skin irritation, whitening active and new biochemical mechanisms for toxicology.
Skin-Brain-Senses> Sensory formulations
Chinese personal care beauty market > Opportunities and legal regulations for ingredients and final cosmetics formulas
New trends and points of view in color, styling and physiology, and conditioning. Test in-vivo and in-vitro to describe the benefits of haircare active.
New amazing and sensible active
Red snow algae powder
Red algae are found in hight mountains, The Alps, and are a unicellular cousin of the green algae. They produce carotenoids that protect against high ultraviolet radiation. The spores contain high amounts os astaxanthin carotenoids.
Red snow algae cosmetic compound is created in bio-reactors to achieve a phospolipid solution to open cells and to form liposomes with encapsulated water or oil soluble algae. The liposomal extract will wrap in maltodextrin to obtain a granulation spray.
Increases the activity of AMPK energy levels for cellular defense and protection systems
Stimulation of Klotho for caloric restriction mimetic anti aging effect for genes’ longevity. Klotho proteins inhibits the insulin IGF-1 signaling thus activating calorie restriction-induced longevity phenomenon.
In-vivo antiaging effcets and rejuvenation effects measured by multi photon tomography. It prevents ageing-induced reduction of collagen production and protects against the H2O2.
Quince leaf extract for sensitive skin
Quince leaves have interesting anti inflammatories abilities that protect and improve skin comfort against the hyperreactivity and inflammatory reactions of epidermis.
Quince leaves are rich in polyphenols that help to soothe sensitive skins.
* ACRONIM Regulatory affairs
CPR = Cosmetic Product Regulation
RP = Responsable Person
PIF = Product Information File
“Big ideas for SMART beauty companies”
- German market for green cosmetics
- Multifaceted evolution of global beauty for saturated cosmetic markets such as the US, Brazil and China
- Non-invasive aesthetic segment and at-home devices will be latest trends
- Scent and fragrance will be very important in cosmetic products for personal care
- China and Brazill could be the beauty markets in specialty actives with potentially more demand than Europe
- Haircare presents new opportunity such as ethnic haircare emerging across the globe
- The need of prevention and the growing from the younger generation, Younth market!
- Building data banks of skin characteristics by countries for more personalized beauty products